Sunday, January 23, 2011

St. George trip


Andrew and I went down to St. George this weekend to run the 5k. We had initially intended to run the half marathon but because of classes and sickness we were unable to prepare and train. But that's okay, we both did better this time than our last 5k. I finished in 29.55 min. and Andrew finished in 24. something. : ) I can't remember. I finished 9th in my age group and Andrew finished 11th in his age group.
It was really fun and we are excited to run the St. George Marathon in October. Well... excited isn't the word, but I am excited to say that I have run the St. George Marathon. And now I have to do it because I have put it on my blog and I can't take it back.
We are actually going to be running a couple of half-marathons this year to get ready for it. My sister, Sara, said that she would run the half-marathon in June with me, so now she has to because it's also on the blog. : ) ( Your welcome Sara )

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I am running the Wasatch Back in June and I'm terrified. You're under a 10 minute mile which is amazing. I...am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Wasatch Back a relay? That's really cool. I never liked running, but once I started it was kind of fun. I'm saving up to get those toe shoe things, I've heard that they make you run faster. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete